Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Carrot Souffle

Hey all!

Well I am back from Florida.  Had a little fun sun and a lot of rain.  But all in all it was a great week.  Came home to find out that two of the kids and myself have strep.  But the upside is that I have time to do some cooking. 

I had a wonderful recipe shared with me.  It was sent to me via my mom and given to her by her boss' wife.  So Nancy thanks so much for sharing.  I enjoyed it, and I am sure each of you will too.

Golden Carrot Souffle
1 lb. carrots
1/2 cup sugar
3 T. flour
1 t. vanilla
1/2 cup butter
3 large eggs
1 t. baking powder

*Peel and cook sliced carrots in water and a little salt until tender.  Once soft, drain well.
*Put drained carrots and butter in food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
*Now add remainder of ingredients: sugar, flour, vanilla, eggs and baking powder.  Blend until smooth and well incorporated.
*Put in greased casserole dish, and bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until firm. 

This was also good with a touch of cinnamon mixed in the mixture.


Once again thanks to Nancy for sharing this.  I hope each of you enjoy this.  Happy cooking and enjoy your food.

No comments:

Post a Comment